Summer Days

Summer Days

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pickin Strawberries

The strawberry patch is about a mile from where we live now if that much. We’ve been picking strawberries there since I came to Lexington.
IMG_0981
This year they gave each one of the kids their own baskets to fill and keep.  They loved that.
IMG_0982

IMG_0983

IMG_0984

IMG_0985

IMG_0987

IMG_0988
We ate and ate strawberries. I made strawberry jam with some from my basket.    Amber and I had a bigger basket than the kids basket.  They also had some great vine ripened tomatoes that we bought. YUM!

2 comments:

Chris said...

You and Amber could probably grow your own patch on your properties. How many got eaten before making it into the baskets?

Jean said...

They couldn't eat any because we couldn't weigh them. just kidding! Amber told them not to eat them because they were paying just for a basket full not a basket and a snack.