Summer Days

Summer Days

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Picnic and a Hike ~ 4/25/14

I was watching the kids for the day and it was such a nice spring day and we didn’t want to stay inside, so we decided to go for a hike and have a picnic.

IMG_0894

Everyone packed their own lunch bag and we set out.  We went all around the whole perimeter of our two properties looking for “special” rocks and other stuff.

IMG_0895

It didn’t take them long before they were ready to bust out the food.  So we found a nice green plushy place on the front lawn.

IMG_0896

Peanut butter sandwiches, string cheese, Doritos, Lays potato chips, juice boxes, chocolate milk,

IMG_0897

bananas, strawberries,

IMG_0898

and of course what every picnic should have, chocolate covered donuts.

IMG_0900

Getting outdoors is a great way to get kids to eat their lunch and . . .

IMG_0901

get a little sunshine during the time of year when there usually isn’t much.

IMG_0902

I just love a good picnic.  Doesn’t everybody?

3 comments:

Chris said...

You should get some plastic bugs, snakes, frogs and hide them around, then the next time you take a hike they can find treasures.

Jean said...

Good idea! They have enough bugs, spiders, frogs, and I would never hide a snake I might find it and scare myself to death. I will try to find some treasure or something.

Chris said...

I didn't mean life like snakes, but ones like Parker has that are bright blue & yellow, green & orange, red & yellow.